Current information regarding your cruises
Updated: November 25, 2021
For us, the security and the well-being of all our guests and crew members are always a top priority. In order to ensure that in the best possible way we have developed a comprehensive health and safety concept, established in cooperation with the representatives of European shipping companies, namely IG River Cruise and the European Inland Navigation Union (EBU) and based on the legal regulations of the individual countries visited. To ensure maximum safety on all our AMADEUS vessels, these measures need to be respected by us, as the cruise line, and by you, as our guests and passengers.
In order to make the vacation of our passengers as relaxed and safe as possible, and to follow new official government regulations, we require all guests to be fully vaccinated or to have recovered from COVID-19, effective for departures from November 28, 2021.
Important information regarding your cruises
Due to the current official regulations, passengers may only board the ship if they are able to present proof of one of the following two scenarios:
- Vaccination: passengers may board two weeks or more after receiving either their 2nd COVID-19 vaccination dose or after vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine that requires only one dose; vaccine has to be approved by the EMA (European Medicines Agency.
- Recovery from COVID-19: passengers who have already recovered from COVID-19 are exempt from testing for six months after the infection has passed. Evidence includes a quarantine certificate or proof of at least 28 day, max. 6 month old positive PCR-RT test.
Proof must be presented before boarding the vessel. Exceptions are not possible. We recommend to carry the vaccination proof as digital EU COVID certificate (Digital Green Pass or QR-Code printed on paper).
Please note that in some regions other requirements might be in place in order to participate in excursions or for personal explorations. Passengers will receive more detailed information as well as the current mandatory health questionnaire with their travel documents.
Furthermore, we require all guests to present a certified negative rapid antigen test result (taken within 48 hours of boarding) OR a certified negative PRC test result (taken within 72 hours of boarding).
- The cruise line reserves the right to deny boarding and exclude certain persons from participating in the cruise if their participation would result in a conflict with operational safety.
- During the cruise, passengers will regularly be asked about their health and wellbeing.
In your travel documents you will find all important information about your upcoming river cruise. Please fill out the mandatory health declaration form in the morning of the day of arrival and bring it filled out to the embarkation on board.
- Mandatory Health Declaration Form for cruises on Danube, Main, Rhine, Rhône, Saône and Seine as well as Dutch & Belgian waterways
- Every AMADEUS crew member must have a full COVID vaccination prior to beginning their duties on board. In addition, all crew members undergo a medical examination before commencing their work on board and are only allowed to start working on board with a negative COVID-19 test.
- Regular health checks and tests are administered to the crew while they work on board.
- All crew members are provided with sufficient protective equipment such as face masks, disposable gloves, etc. and are regularly instructed on how to use them.
- All luggage handles will be disinfected prior to embarkation, and will then be taken to the cabin by the crew.
- All passengers and crew will be required to disinfect their hands each time prior to boarding the ship.
- Correct social distancing between passengers is required at check-in at the reception desk.
- If staggered arrival (buses with appropriate time intervals) is not possible, additional waiting areas will be created in front of the ship and access to the gangway will be coordinated by a crew member.
- In all cases, the relevant regulations of the local port authorities will be observed.
- Crew and passengers going ashore and returning back on board must inform Gangway Security or Reception, wear a mask and disinfect their hands. Additionally, crew members will provide information on the waiting area ashore.
- All persons coming on board (especially technicians, suppliers, etc.) must provide their personal information at the reception desk, wear a face mask and disinfect their hands.
- It is currently not possible to invite guests on board.
General Rules on Board
- Operational procedures on board have been arranged to ensure a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between each person.
- At this time, all crew members and guests are required to wear face coverings when moving through interior spaces on the ship and while using public transportation on shore.
- Passengers are therefore requested to bring a sufficient number of masks (we recommend FFP2 or N95 masks).
- The crew will forego handshakes and other physical greeting rituals.
- Sufficient personal protective equipment (especially face masks) are available on board. However, tour operators and travel agencies should inform passengers to bring their own masks on board.
- The current EU Healthy Gateway guidelines apply for cleaning and disinfection on board.
- The air conditioning system is designed in such a way that the cabin air is discharged to the outside, thus preventing re-circulation within the vessel. Additional technical measures and disinfection measures are used for critical areas such as public spaces. In other areas, crew members are instructed to provide increased fresh air ventilation.
- Crew members access cabins only after having disinfected their hands and while wearing face masks.
- Items shared by passengers (e.g., magazines, periodicals and bar snacks) are not permitted.
- Passenger contact with certain shared items (menus, etc.) will be minimized, and such items will be disinfected or, where necessary, replaced after each use.
- Information regarding key measures, especially social distancing, adherence to sneezing and coughing etiquette, as well as the use of disinfection stations and face masks will be posted in public areas.
- Cabin keys are disinfected each time they are returned to the reception desk.
A minimum distance of 1.5 meters measured from table corner to table corner is observed in the Restaurant as well as in the Panorama-Bar and Amadeus-Club.
Depending on the number of passengers, it may be necessary to serve meals in 2 sittings. Also, depending on the number of passengers, buffets, especially the breakfast buffet, are still possible. In the interest of maximum hygiene, a crew member will serve buffet guests. There is no obligation to wear face masks at table.
The Panorama-Bar has a spacious layout, enabling lectures and presentations to be held, although care must be taken to observe social distancing. Events such as the Welcome Cocktail, folklore events and entertainment programs, where a higher number of participants is expected, may be offered in two sessions.
- Beverage services will be provided exclusively by the waiters. This includes the afternoon tea.
- Bar snacks will be served to passengers individually instead of being shared with other guests.
- To avoid the formation of groups, standing room is not offered.
The “24-Hour-Coffee station” (if available) will still be accessible in compliance with the hygiene standards. Board games, playing cards, books, etc. will not be available until further notice.
The generous dimensions of the outdoor areas mean that no special measures need to be observed, provided social distancing is maintained (this is the individual responsibility of passengers).
The use of the elevator (where available) is still possible. However, wearing a face mask while in the elevator is mandatory.
These services will still be accessible and will be compliant with hygiene standards. Prior booking at reception is required.
Shore excursions will be organized in accordance with the respective local rules and regulations. These may vary depending on the country and may affect the tour group sizes permitted. Changes are taken into account on a daily basis and implemented on board. In order to comply with social distancing requirements, the use of the wireless audio guides is mandatory.
Illness on board
Should a passenger display symptoms associated with COVID-19, a contingency plan specifically developed for this situation will be implemented:
- The affected passenger will immediately be isolated in a designated cabin and must consent to remaining isolated and avoiding contact with others until the arrival of a physician and/or health authorities.
- Crew members in charge of this cabin will be equipped with the necessary personal protection equipment.
- Under the supervision of the AMADEUS Health Care Officer, an initial screening of the passenger will be conducted using the COVID-19 rapid test.
- After evaluation of the rapid test result, local medical services will be involved if necessary.
- As the cruise line, we have already assembled comprehensive information to ensure medical care for passengers and crew in ports along the route, if necessary. A return to the ship after the detection of a possible illness is only possible with a doctor’s letter certifying the safety of this course of action