No available dates found
Internal Server Error
At this most contemplative time of year, you can enter a real winter fairytale. Visit the best Christmas Markets along the Danube, explore some sleepy little towns and riverscapes, warm yourself with a delicious glass of mulled wine on board and immerse yourself in the wonderful traditions of the pre-Christmas period.
Your wintery Advent cruise begins in Vienna, where, after embarking, you can explore your AMADEUS ship and join the cruise director for a Welcome Cocktail in the Panorama Bar. This is followed by a Welcome Dinner. Your ship remains in Vienna overnight.
Enjoy exploring wintery Vienna today! A morning city sightseeing tour in a comfortable bus takes you past the most beautiful sights of the Austrian capital. In the afternoon, you have the opportunity to view the magnificent Schönbrunn Palace, as well as to visit the traditional, romantic Christmas market in front of the palace. Or, visit one of the most famous museums in the world: the Art History Museum in Vienna.
In the evening, we recommend that music lovers attend the atmospheric “Sound of Vienna” concert, which will present a kaleidoscope of Viennese classical music.
Departure at 10:30pm
In the morning, your floating premium hotel reaches the UNESCO World Natural Heritage region of the Wachau. Your ship docks in Melk/Emmersdorf, where you can join an excursion to Melk Abbey or to Dürnstein. At the end of the excursion, defy the weather and join us for a mug of warming glühwein (mulled wine) on board.
The rest of the day is spent on board, where you will have a wonderful view of the passing winter landscapes as your cruise ship travels towards Passau.
Stay Melk / Emmersdorf
8:30am - 2:00pm
During breakfast, arrive in Passau, also known as the “City of Three Rivers”, situated at the confluence of the Danube, Inn and Ilz Rivers. In the morning, enjoy the romantic old town with its historic buildings during the course of an optional guided walk. The afternoon is a perfect time to visit the traditional Passau Christmas market. Early this evening your ship will depart this lovely city and head towards Regensburg.
8:30am - 4:00pm
A full day is spent in festively adorned, historic Regensburg. This magical destination where time seems to stand still, is best explored during a morning optional guided sightseeing walk.
After lunch, explore on your own or opt to join an excursion to the Christmas market in the royal Thurn and Taxis Castle. Revel in the festive pre-Christmas atmosphere filled with the aroma of lebkuchen (gingerbread) and roasted almonds, and stalls filled with local handicrafts. The captain invites you to join him at an elegant Gala Dinner onboard, while your ship continues its journey later this evening.
9:00am - 9:00pm
After lunch, you arrive in the Bavarian town of Roth, where the city tour of Nuremberg starts. The tour will take you to the most significant monuments and sights in picturesque Nuremberg. Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the romantic Christmas market and taste the world-famous Nuremberg lebkuchen (gingerbread) before returning to your ship, which will be waiting for you in the Nuremberg harbor. Your ship remains here overnight.
1:00pm - 1:30pm
Arrival at 5:00pm
Enjoy another generous breakfast on board before starting your homeward journey. The entire AMADEUS crew wishes you a pleasant journey and a happy festive season. We hope to welcome you again soon!
We reserve the right to make amendments to the timetable and program.
Reverse direction itinerary
Would you like to start your journey from the current disembarkation port? Then follow the link to the itinerary in reversed direction:
Dates & Prices
No available dates found
Suites & Staterooms
- Luxury accommodation in an outside river-view stateroom of your choice: Spacious Mozart Suites with a walk-out balcony, stateroom cabins on Mozart and Strauss Decks with drop-down Panorama Retractable Windows offering a wide-open view (except Amadeus Brilliant)
- Individual climate control and in-room safe
- Choice of bed configuration in all categories (double or twin bedding)
- Bottled water in cabin
- Gourmet dining featuring breakfast, multi-course lunches and dinners with menu choices (including vegetarian options), afternoon tea and late-night snack
- Free-flowing hand-selected wines from the best wine regions, draft beer, soda as well as coffee and tea with every lunch and dinner
- Coffee and tea available 24 hours a day in the Amadeus Club
- Welcome and Farewell Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Dinner
Voyage of Discovery
- Personalized service of an experienced, multilingual AMADEUS Cruise Director
- AMADEUS digital audio system for all guided excursions
- Variety of enriching onboard programs, including fascinating lectures, cooking demonstrations, local cultural performances, and music by our onboard musicians
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles for independent exploration
- Onboard fitness center open 24 hours a day
WiFi is avaliable throughout the vessel including staterooms
- All port taxes, embarkation, disembarkation and lock fees included in your cruise fare
Excursions and excursion packages
Cruise your way and choose from a carefully curated selection of immersive and inspiring excursions and adventures! Select one of our packages offered at a discounted rate when purchased in advance or book individual shore excursions at regular rates on board your cruise.
Introductory Excursion Package | for only £ 108 per person
Enjoy a package of these pre-selected excursions for a discounted rate when purchased in advance.
Additional shore excursions can be purchased onboard at the below rate.
- Vienna – Imperial discovery tour
- Passau walking tour and organ concert in St. Stephans cathedral
- Regensburg walking tour
- City Tour of Nuremberg with Christmas Market
Save up to £ 77 per person
Full Excursion Package | for only £ 286 per person
Pick from our selection of unforgettable shore excursions, plus enjoy a discounted rate when purchased in advance.
Receive the best value when you book our full excursion package prior to departure. Create your own personalized shore excursion program by choosing your favorite tours in ports where we offer multiple options. Please note, a discounted excursion may not be exchanged for another during your cruise.
Vienna – Nuremberg
Vienna – Imperial discovery tour
Visit to Schönbrunn Palace and Christmas Market
OR Visit to the Museum of Fine Arts
"Sound of Vienna" classical concert (Cat. B)
Visit to Melk Abbey
OR Dürnstein walking tour with visit to the Dürnstein abbey
Passau walking tour and organ concert in St. Stephans cathedral
Regensburg walking tour
Thurn & Taxis Palace with Christmas Market
OR Visit to Weltenburg abbey
City Tour of Nuremberg with Christmas Market
OR Visit to the World of Gingerbread
Prices per person if excursions are purchased on board.
You're in good hands with us from the start: Let us book you a transfer from the airport or train station to the ship port and back. The following prices apply per person per transfer:
Train Station - Port £ 29
Airport - Port £ 34
Vienna City Centre - Port £ 29
Port - Train Station £ 63
Port - Airport £ 63